Location: Sioux Falls, South Dakota Campus
Department: Academic Affairs-Engineering Technology
FLSA Type: Exempt Instructor
Salary-186 Day Annual Work Schedule:
- Bachelor's Degree: $50,649 - $61,121 Annual
- Master's Degree: $54,266 - $65,334 Annual
- Ph.D.: $57,883 - $67,443 Annual
Link To: Employee Benefits
Southeast Tech is a technical college located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. For over 50 years, we have provided a cost-effective, career relevant education that prepares our students for employment in 24 months or less with some of the area’s best employers. We offer more than 70 associate degree, diploma, and certificate programs in today’s most innovative fields.
This faculty position provides instruction from the Sioux Falls campus location for Agricultural Engineering courses, student advising, and academic program responsibilities in Southeast Tech's Engineering Technology Division.
- Develop and teach competency-based curriculum that provides classroom theory and laboratory application that prepares students for entry-level positions in the Program field.
- Promote academic achievement through appropriate classroom rigor and establish student success as a primary teaching goal.
- Establish a positive learning environment that promotes dignity, self-respect, safety, and personal/professional growth.
- Monitor and assess student classroom effort and assignments.
- Build good interpersonal relationships and establish positive rapport with students, colleagues and Program committees.
- Coordinate applicable clinical/internship sites and schedules for student assessment.
- Utilize the community as a learning resource and as an extension of the classroom.
- Mentor part-time program staff for academic and non-academic content.
- Assist Administration with monitoring and maintaining Program accreditation requirements.
- Maintain program acumen and apply new knowledge acquired through professional growth activities and technical education.
- Complete non-teaching, department-related responsibilities that include student recruitment, and retention; and as an active participant in business/team/program committees.
- Utilize the Learning Management System to deliver courses that may include traditional, hybrid, online, evening or week-end format.
- Perform duties as assigned by the Vice President of Academic Affairs or other designee.
- Preferred a Master's Degree in Architecture or a Master's Degree with 18 graduate hours in Architecture
- REQUIRED: Bachelor's Degree in Architecture with a minimum of three years architecture work experience in a licensed architecture firm and portfolio review OR Bachelor's in Fine Arts in Interior Design with six years of work experience in a licensed architecture firm and portfolio review.
- Post-secondary teaching and competency-based curriculum development experience preferred.
- Fully functional with Microsoft Office Suite and online communication tools.
- Ability to design and deliver courses through online/blended instruction utilizing the campus learning management systems.
- Post-hire requirement to obtain South Dakota post-secondary teacher credential.
- Post-hire criminal background check required.
Join our team and be a part of our campus community that is committed to providing educational excellence for tomorrow’s workforce. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. Position available immediately and open until filled. EOE.
For more information contact Dean of Curriculum and Instruction Fenecia Homan at firstname.lastname@example.org