Published: Sep 04th, 2012
SD Board of Technical Professions (per Mark Humphries on 12/1/2011)
Significant changes in rules (ARSD 20:38), to take effect July 1, 2012 (if passed by Legislature):
- Interns will now be able to concurrently take exams and complete IDP.
- Required hours will change to option of using existing system (30 hrs in 24 mos) or new system (12 hrs at any time in calendar year)
Current system: 30hrs/24 mos. Up to 10 hours can be "non-technical" HSW="Technical" 20 HSW, 10 CEU/PDH
New system: choose old system OR: 12 hours HSW/PDH at any time in calendar year nontechnical hours do not count goes into effect July 1, 2012.
American Institute of Architects (per 12/9/2011 memo)
Board of Directors approved changes to calendar year continuing education requirement,
effective Jan. 1, 2012:
- 18-hour annual continuing education requirement 12 LU must address health, safety, and welfare (HSW) of which 4 LU must address sustainable design (SD)
- Required to complete 12 hours of HSW (increased from 8)
- Board will reevaluate SD requirement in 2012
- Total continuing education hours required during calendar year: 18
- AIA members will no longer be able to self-report HSW or SD courses for credit (must take qualified courses from CES providers)
- Members can continue to self-report learning unit (LU) hours for non-provider courses and programs