DESIGN IN THE HILLS WILL RETURN IN 2021
Each year, we focus on projects and places of interest in the Black Hills communities, rotating the event between the various cities in the region.
This conference is unique in the design world; while there are sponsors and continuing education credits, very little of it is provided in a traditional classroom setting. The conference is interactive and mobile. Design in the Hills is a unique gathering of architects, landscape architects, interior designers, engineers and artists from across the state, along with members of the community who all connect to celebrate and elevate the standard of design.
Highlights for 2021:
- Scanning Deadwood: Preserving history through technology by Kevin Kuchenbecker, City of Deadwood Historic Preservation
- Walking Deadwood: Main Street Master Plan by Kevin Kuchenbecker, City of Deadwood Historic Preservation
- Off the grid (in city limits) by Jared Capp, Pangea Design Group
- The Village at Creekside multi-use development tour and presentation by Bob Morcom, P.E., Journey Group and Patri Acevedo, AIA, JLG Architects
- Hands-on workshops presented by Syverson Tile & Hebron Brick
- Plus, the AIA SD Quarterly membership meeting
Thanks to Gage Brothers, Hebron Brick Supply, Syverson Tile & Stone, West Plains Engineering, Journey Group, South Dakota Ready Mix Concrete Association and Tallgrass Landscape Architecture for sponsoring Design in the Hills.
Design in the Hills is open to all design professionals, including architects, interior designers, landscape architects, planners, interns and students.